Meeting Summary, June 28, 2018

Attending: Palmer, Clark, Hultgren, O’Keefe, Weinland

The meeting was begun at 6:37 pm in the Nash Zimmer Transportation Center. The meeting summary for the May 3, 2018 meeting was reviewed and approved by consensus.
The July 18th workshop with Steven Moore was discussed and the reimbursement of beverages/food purchased for this event was approved. (Note: receipts should be given to Sec-Treas Hultgren). It was decided to purchase a Bike Mansfield carry bag for Mr. Moore to be given to him at the workshop.
Support for and participation in the Thread City Century (July 28th) was discussed. A reference will be placed on the website, and several Bike Mansfield members are planning to help with staffing rest stops, etc.

Hultgren said that the safety tips cards for cyclists, motorists and pedestrians was printed and being distributed by the Health District and the Downtown Partnership, and the cards would now be available at all upcoming events that Bike Mansfield is participating in.
O’Keefe reported on his business membership efforts. He and others discussed additional canvassing days, and it was suggested that the notice for renewing memberships (for 2019) could go out as early as September 1st.

Clark reported that contacts were being made at UConn to assist its effort to apply to be a Bicycle Friendly University (BFU). Meetings will be set up as soon as UConn’s new sustainability coordinator is hired.
Bike Mansfield’s booth at the Town Square Festival (Sept 16th) was discussed. It was decided to proceed with another photo contest and Gosselin will draft a flyer for the contest. Bike Mansfield members will be needed to help staff the booth (12 to 4pm) on the 16th, which will be a Sunday.

Hultgren said he was contacted by Bolton for information that was included on Mansfield’s application to be a bicycle friendly community. He said he was having difficulty with the size or type of the files being rejected by the Bolton server. Suggestions on how to deal with this were made.

Hultgren said he was notified by the DTP that People for Bikes is sponsoring a grant program to support bicycling (application deadline in October). The grants require a 50% match so he said he would discuss participating with the DTP to apply for funds for bicycle parking symbols for the Town square railings.
Hultgren said that there would probably not be a regular meeting in August, so the next meeting will Be Thursday Sept 6th.

The meeting was adjourned at approximately 7:15 pm.

Lon Hultgren, Secretary Treasurer